Wednesday 3 October 2012

My 3yr olds food sensitivity results were stagaring

So let me give you some background on my daughter and why we had her tested. This little one is VERY emotional, she has massive highs and then massive low and its always based around food, we know we can "fix" it with giving her something to eat. BUT we weren't sure if what we were giving her were triggering her emotions or helping. Her personality almost borders on ADHD some days.
So let me tell you, this was an enlightening experience for us. Her triggers were ALL THINGS PROCESSED! Everything man-made triggers emotions for her. White sugar, nitrates and artificial sweeteners are her biggest triggers. What blows my mind is the symptoms for her are not physical, like a stomach ache or diarrhoea, they are things stemming from the brain! That is how messed up the food is that we trust and eat from our "tested and good" government standards.
I will now take this opportunity to rant a bit; what is in our foods now that our bodies will physically have brain/emotional reactions to it?! SICK! I don't want you to think that I'm saying you need to only eat organic everything and never eat out, etc...i eat out and get the occasional McNugget meal for my kids but we CANNOT make the majority of our meals fast food because our bodies cannot thrive on it, it is not real protein or real grains, it has been processed and genetically modified to suit the needs of the suppliers to make money and cut the bottom line! Ok that's my own personal thoughts out there now, I feel better.
I have now have my 5yr old and my 3yr old tested because of different signs we see in them and I'll tell you, just from changing what my 5yr old was eating there hasn't been a single complaint of a tummy ache. I will be adjusting what my 3yr old is eating now and hoping to be able to communicate with her better and help her manage her emotions because it gets to the point where she can even express what she's feeling! It's so hard for us all.
Please educate yourself on food and know the benefits of taking the time to make your meals as much as possible at home, the cost is much less and it definitely does taste better and the benefits to your body are HUGE!
Thanks for listening to me rant :)

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment