Saturday 9 June 2012

The Results are in & I was SHOCKED!

if you have been following my blog recently you will know that I went on a mission to find out how my body was functioning and if I was in optimal condition. I have had 3 kids in 3.5yrs, ran 6 marathons in the last 7yrs and opened my own business 1yr ago...I would only assume some hormones or adrenal glands are "off". WELL...I was right but not at all what I expected!!
So here is how my results played out:
1) Adrenals are a little off so I'm on some natural supports
2) Insulin levels are low- because I am off wheat, I tend to not eat many carbs in general so its not a serious concern right now
3) Gluten Sensitive- so it is official; I AM GLUTEN SENSITIVE!! This is NOT an allergy and I honestly assumed everyone would have the same result but when I asked my Naturopath that she told me there are not a huge amount of people who test positive for Gluten, but with the way our wheat is now...we ALL have a wheat issue.
4) My Testosterone levels are OFF THE CHARTS! This was alarming; when was asked if I was on any steroids my jaw dropped!!! My N.D. knew I wasn't but had to ask. So I now have to have a pelvic ultrasound to rule out Ovarian cysts!! Yikes! I will also be doing a liver cleanse and pumping antioxidants & phyto-nutrients into my system.
5) My Blood Pressure is GREAT! I am going to see my G.P. to decrease my dose of medication ad hopefully in 5-6months I'll be off them completely!!
6) For the stress I have put my body through recently I am doing really well!! My body doesn't look very stressed! Yay

So the craziness of trying to get my G.P. On board with these test results so she'll give me a requisition for the ultrasound to rule out ovarian cysts. Stay tuned, my apt is in 2 weeks..wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment